Okay you guys!! I’m so excited to share this post with you! It’s all about what I’m packing in my hospital bag (for myself, Steven, and Kennedy). I still can’t believe we are here and about to welcome our little girl into the world. It really seems like yesterday that we took the pregnancy test. I pray that time slows down when she comes.
I did tons of research before packing my bag. No matter where I’m going I always pack more than what I need. I think it’s a little fear of not having enough or something that I really need. So, I’m sure you can imagine that packing this hospital bag was fun yet daunting for me. I asked many of my mom friends, read blog posts, and was all over Pinterest for checklists. One of my favorite bloggers is Brittany Sjogren! Read her blog post here, on what she packed for her hospital bag.
I am 35 weeks along and have my bag packed and ready for her arrival. You can have your bag packed as early or as late as you’d like and feel comfortable. I may go full term, at least that’s what everyone is saying will happen. However; I feel that she will come early so the more I’m prepared the better I’m going to feel.
This list was created before Kennedy’s arrival and before I knew exactly what I would need. My plan and goal is to create another post after she arrives with items that I actually used and wished I had while in the hospital.
YAY! I hope you guys find this list helpful.
I have created shop-able links for you guys in the list (just click the words in pink, it will redirect you to that specific item) ALSO, if you scroll all the way to the bottom of this post there is another shopping option (just click on the pictures to shop).
- Robe // I’m so excited to wear this robe!
- 3 Joggers // I’m packing 3 pairs of joggers (comfy pants) – again, i’d rather be over prepared than under
- 2 Nursing Camis // I’m not sure what I will want to wear while in the hospital. So I’ve packed 2 nursing camis
- 2 Nursing Bras
- Granny Panties
- PJ’s // I packed these 2 button up sleep shirts from Target
- Go Home Outfit // I am planning on wearing a pair of joggers, comfy top, and sneakers
- Nursing Pads
- Cardigan or Light Sweater
- Slippers / Non-Skid Socks
- Nipple Butter/Cream
- Hair Ties
- Heating Pad
- 3 Pairs of Clothing (in case we need to stay extra days)
- Shirt for Hospital Pictures (casual)
- Phone, Computer, iPad for “downtime”
- 2 Pairs of PJ’s / Onesies
- 1 – 2 Hats
- 1 Going Home Outfit
- 2 Muslim Blankets
- Swaddle Sets
- Nail Clippers (heard that you may not need these but would rather have them than not)
- Mittens – I am not packing these as all her newborn clothes have the fold overs on the sleeves
- 2 Pairs of Socks
- Baby Blanket – I am also not packing this as she doesn’t necessarily have a “baby blanket” just bringing swaddles
- Car Seat
- Shower Items: Shampoo, Conditioner, Dry Shampoo, Soap, Razor
- Toothbrush, Toothpaste
- Contacts, Solution, Glasses
- Face-wipes, Deodorant, Lotion
- Boppy Pillow
- 10ft. Phone Charger
- Insurance Card & ID
- Nursing Gifts/Snacks
Shop the items above by clicking on the images below…
Yay! Well that’s it you guys. Seems like a lot but like I said earlier I would much rather be over prepared than under. I’m sure there are items that I’m forgetting and items that I won’t use. Once she is here and we are settled I will update the list above with items that I actually used!
I’m so so excited to meet Kennedy and start this next chapter in our lives.